Karma Currency is committed to respecting the privacy of individual’s personal information.
"Personal information" means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about a person whose identity is apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Karma Currency will, from time to time, collect and use personal information. The types of personal information collected and the purposes for which that personal information will be used will depend on the circumstances. For example, Karma Currency may collect personal information from you when you:
- Register your details with us;
- Make donations, purchase a charity gift voucher, establish a charity gift register; or
- Request further information about Karma Currency or another charity.
Personal information is generally collected for the primary purposes of:
- maintaining customer records;
- supply of products and services;
- account keeping, invoicing and debt collection;
- locating and/or retrieving Products;
- marketing activities; and
- customer and market research.
Karma Currency will not disclose your personal information to third parties except:
- to other charities or not for profit organisations if necessary to process a donation, receipt or volunteering role;
- to third parties appointed by Karma Currency which assist or provide services to Karma Currency, including Goodcompany Enterprises Pty Ltd (in which case Karma Currency requires these contractors to keep that personal information confidential and not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than the purpose of performing those services);
- to facilitate your donations, gift vouchers and fundraising activities;
- where Karma Currency is required or authorised by law, for example to law enforcement agencies; or
- otherwise with your consent.
Karma Currency will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information held by it from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If you are a registered user of Karma Currency then you can login and update or correct your personal information at any time. Otherwise, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions or concerns about Karma Currency's collection, use or disclosure of personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org