safe steps Family Violence Response Centre is Victoria’s statewide not-for-profit first response service for women, young people and children experiencing family violence. We help women and children to become – and stay – safe from abuse through a range of life-saving support services including 24/7 phone line assistance, emergency safe accommodation and support services. All of our services are provided at no cost.
safe steps responds to women and children at risk by:
- Providing a specialist family violence response phone line that operates 24/7, including on public holidays and weekends when other services are closed
- Providing safe emergency accommodation
- Providing basic necessities for women and children who had to leave their homes with nothing
- Providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety planning carried out by skilled, specialist support workers
- Referring women and children to support options in their community, including specialist family violence services and generalist supports