Kidney Health Australia was founded in 1968 and was originally named ‘The Australian Kidney Foundation’.
The focus of Kidney Health Australia is to improve kidney health outcomes leading to substantial improvements to the quality of life for people with kidney and urinary tract diseases and their families and carers, whilst also developing initiatives that reduce the incidence of kidney disease in the Australian community.
The principal objectives of Kidney Health Australia are to provide a range of programs designed to cater for the needs of the following groups:
• Kidney patients and their families
• The general public
• State and Federal Governments
• State and Federal Health Departments
• Organisations providing goods and services for the care of the kidneys and urinary tract
• Supporters and staff
Kidney Health Australia coordinates and manages a Medical Research and Grants Scholarship Program as well as:
• Camps and Activities Program
• Consumer Participation