We are most grateful that you're considering contributing tor the AIDS Trust of Australia.. In the absence of nay government funding your support is crtical to help make the vision of the virtual elimination of HIV transmission a reality.What will happen to these funds?
The AIDS Trust of Australia is a national charity raising funds for the HIV sector. Since 1987 we have distributed over $7m to more than 210 projects relating directly to HIV/AIDS. The work of the sector is diverse, reflecting the needs of individual communities throughout the country. As well as augmenting existing projects that deliver care and support to those living with HIV, these days we work on national projects, delivered by our Members in each State and Territory, that address emerging concerns in HIV transmission and are prevention focused. Key areas of Expenditure
- Care and support services for people living with HIV/AIDS in each State and Territory.
- HIV prevention programs for key at-risk groups in each State and Territory.
- National HIV related programs for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in culturally relevant settings.
- Development of programs relating to increased HIV transmission risks through increased mobility both for work and leisure.
- Development of programs relating to increased HIV transmission risks through isolation among rural and regional youth. Development of programs relating to changes in care and support for those aging with HIV.