“the early years are the building blocks for later life”
bestchance is a not for profit, community organisation which has been providing support to children and families since 1895 in the eastern metropolitan region of Victoria.
Founded by Irish tea merchant and philanthropist Robert Campbell Edwards, the organisation originally started as the Burwood Boys’ Home on Warrigal Road before evolving into the first integrated children's services complex in Victoria in 1986 providing quality early childhood, education and welfare programs to those in need.
Today bestchance is one of Victoria's most respected children's services organisation which provides a number of early childhood, education and welfare programs for families with an innovative training service on site. bestchance adopts an innovative and holistic approach to provide flexible, comprehensive and integrated services based on identified needs.
On average the organisation provides services to over 5,000 children aged 0 to 10 and 4,000 families every year across a range of programs. Many of our clients include isolated families from a cultural and linguistically diverse background, families with children who have physical or intellectual diagnoses, families facing financial hardship and families who have been effected by trauma or emergency.
Some of the many purposes towards which your donation can be directed include:
- Fee relief for families and individuals during times of difficulty or where a child is at risk
- Support services for recent migrants, single parent families and isolated parents with mental health issues
- Intervention services for babies and children aged 0-6 with disabilities, developmental delays and additional needs
- Intervention services for a child in prep to grade 4 with social, emotional or behavioural issues
- Emergency relief services which provide food aid and material aid for families
- A strong and caring volunteer program which offers opportunity for community participation and reduces social isolation.