CatRescue 901 is committed to rescuing, caring for and rehoming abandoned animals from council pounds and the streets. We rely on the goodwill of the community, and the dedication of volunteers to do this vital work.
Formed in 2006 (originally as Catrescue NSW) to help combat and highlight the horrific number of abandoned cats and kittens destroyed in pounds, CatRescue 901 not only cares for homeless animals, but proactively tackles the source of the issue by campaigning for legislation change, greater representation for animals, low cost desexing and microchipping, and community education.
We strongly believe that the terrible number of companion animals killed each year in NSW can be prevented through cultural and legislative change. The solution lies with all of us to be mindful of our actions and make compassionate, but simple, decisions such as desexing.
* We run a year round low cost desexing program
* We run a subsidised desexing program in september each year
* We do our best to rescue the most vulnerable cats and kittens; rescuing the very young, elderly, blind, disabled and the abused
* We rehome kittens through our contractually dedicated pet shops including: Petstock Balgowlah, Belrose, Dural and Mona Vale. This enables us to take stray kittens off the streets and find them safe homes. We desex these kittens' mums and find them homes if they are friendly. If they are not friendly these mums are desexed and returned into the care of the people feeding them.
* Every kitten and cat we rehome is vet checked, desexed, microchipped, vaccinated, worm and flea treated.
* We always accept back cats we have adopted at any time if their adopters are unable to care for them any more.
CatRescue 901 does not operate a shelter. Instead we have a network of trained volunteer, foster carers who provide care for our cats in their homes. Most carers have one or two cats in their care and we have specialist carers who are trained to look after a mum with babies or litters of tiny bottle babies.
All our carers are contractually bound to ensure our cats receive a very high standard of care. All our foster carers have unlimited access to our carer coordinators for ongoing support. Through our foster care program we have saved thousands of kittens and cats over the past 10 years.
CatRescue 901 is a no kill organisation because every life is precious and every cat deserves a chance. This means that we are committed to doing the best for every cat in our care until their forever home can be found for them.
CATRESCUE 901: changing the world for cats, one at a time, together.