East Africa Food Crisis Appeal - $30
What Save the Children is doing:
• We're distributing life-saving water to areas severely affected by the drought and improving water supply and sanitation facilities in health clinics and schools. We have already provided 24 million litres of water to over 700,000 people in Somalia.
• We're providing jerry cans, water filters and water purification tablets to ensure that water is safe to drink.
• We are treating malnourished children. The life-saving treatment is usually quick and simple - in Somalia alone we are treating over 9000 malnourished children every month, and reaching 20,000 more with healthcare.
• We're helping families afford nutritious food by distributing food vouchers that can be used locally to support the local market.
• Through cash transfers, we're supporting people who've lost their incomes, enabling them to buy essentials for their children. We are currently providing cash transfers to 2,500 Somalian families and 12,000 Kenyan families