The Salvation Army is one of the largest and most diverse social welfare providers in the world.
Helping men, women and children to overcome their peculiar and different circumstances of distress, and need.
Aid is given without discrimination, be that on age, sex, race, religion or ethnic heritage. The sole requirement for assistance is verified need.
In any given week the Salvos provide more than:
· 2,000 beds for the homeless
· 100,000 meals for the hungry
· 5,000 food vouchers
· 500 addicted people with assistance
· Several thousand people with counselling
· 400 victims of abuse with refuge
· 1,000 people with jobs through Employment Plus
· 3,000 elderly with aged care services
· 400 people in courts and prisons with support
· Locate 40 missing family members through our Family Tracing Service.